What is Anti-Aging Rx?
- A custom anti-aging formula that has up to 4 synergistic prescription ingredients made in a hypoallergenic yet elegant dermatological skin base.
What ingredients are in the anti-aging formula?
- Tretinoin (0.025% to 0.1%) – Tretinoin is a derivative of vitamin A found to increase healthy cell turnover which helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and dark spots.
- Niacinamide – is vitamin B3 which may help brighten the complexion, reduce appearance of wrinkles, reduce water loss through the skin, improve elasticity, and fight inflammation
- Lactic Acid – is an organic acid which may help with fine lines and wrinkles by increasing collagen production and preventing skin breakdown caused by UV exposure
- Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate) – is a natural component of skin and connective tissues which helps retain moisture and plump skin cells
What is this medication used for?
- This treatment plan may help reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation (dark spots) and fine lines, brighten the skin, increase water retention of skin cells, increase elasticity, and reduce skin inflammation when used regularly and as prescribed.
How do I get this custom formula?
- Have your physician prescribe your medication and send the prescription to our pharmacy via fax, phone or by electronic prescription. If you need help on which formula is best, email us for suggestions.
How should I store this medication?
- If the product has arrived warm, wait 2 hours before using. Store this medication in a cool, dry environment, protected from light, at room temperature (68F-77F). Always make sure the container is tightly closed when not using the medication. Keep all medications in a safe place out of pets and children.
What should I tell my doctor before starting this medication?
- Tell your doctor of any medication or ingredient allergies or sensitivities that you may have. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of the drugs in this formulation. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or breastfeeding.
What are the possible side effects of this medication?
- Itching, redness, scaling and dryness may occur and can be managed with frequent use of an everyday moisturizer. You may also experience peeling, burning, stinging, or increased sensitivity to the sun. If side effects are severe, stop medication and contact us and your doctor or seek emergency medical treatment. Use sunscreen daily and wear protective clothing when outdoors. Tell your doctor right away if you get sunburned or have skin blisters/redness. Wait until your skin has completely recovered from a sunburn before using tretinoin.
How long until I may see an effect from this medication?
- It may take up to several weeks to see maximum results.