Nail Cream Rx is a prescription medication that is custom made in a state-of-the-art pharmacy laboratory by clinical pharmacist based on your physician’s order. It’s not available in chain pharmacies and must be made CUSTOM to your combination of bacteria and fungus as diagnosed by your doctor. Nail Cream Rx has several ingredients that synergistically work together to eradicate the fungus and bacteria if present, decrease pain, decrease itching and irritation to the nail bed and surrounding toes/foot area.
What is nail fungus compound cream?
- A custom compound cream for nail fungus also known as onychomycosis.
What ingredients are in the nail fungus compound cream?
- Ketoconazole is a topical antifungal agent.
- Terbinafine has antifungal and antibiotic properties and is commonly used on fingernails and toenails.
- DMSO is a driving agent that helps medications permeate through the nails into the infection site.
- Hydrocortisone is a mild topical steroid which helps locally with inflammation, redness, itching, and swelling.
- Antibiotics such as vancomycin and gentamicin may be used if your physician determines bacteria may be present.
What is this medication used for?
- This medication may help treat warts in less time by using high quality concentrated ingredients in a deep penetrating base cream. Typically used for plantar warts, common warts, flat warts, and periungual warts.
What is the best way to use this medication?
- Nail fungus compound cream is for use only on the nails and skin directly surrounding nails. Avoid getting this medication in your eyes, lips, or mouth. Wash your hands before and after applying the formula. Before applying, clean and dry the skin and nail area to be treated. Apply to the affected area and allow it to dry thoroughly before covering the area. If you are treating your feet, wear clean cotton socks and sandals or shoes that allow for air circulation. Keep your feet as dry as possible. Follow your doctor’s specific orders if you are unsure how to use the medication. Our wart compound should be applied directly onto the wart once daily or as directed by your healthcare provider. It is recommended that you wear gloves and use a sterile applicator when applying this product. If you choose to cover the wart with a bandage, we highly recommend you apply vaseline or aquaphor on the healthy skin around the wart to prevent damage to the healthy skin.
How do I get this custom formula?
How should I store this medication?
- If the product has arrived warm, wait 2 hours before using. Store this medication in a cool, dry environment, protected from light, at room temperature (68F-77F). Always make sure the container is tightly closed when not using the medication. Keep all medications in a safe place out of pets and children.
What should I tell my doctor before starting this medication?
- Tell your doctor of any medication or ingredient allergies or sensitivities that you may have. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of the drugs in this formulation, as well as related drugs such as (Ketoconazole, Terbinafine, DMSO, Hydrocortisone, Antifungal agents, Topical steroids). Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or breastfeeding. Tell your doctor of any medication or ingredient allergies or sensitivities that you may have. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of the drugs in this formulation. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or breastfeeding.
What are the possible side effects of this medication?
- Itching, redness, scaling and dryness may occur. Stop using the formula and call your doctor at once if you have: severe irritation, severe blistering, or oozing of the treated area. If side effects are severe, stop medication and contact us and your doctor or seek emergency medical treatment.Itching, redness, scaling and dryness may occur. Stop using the formula and call your doctor at once if you have: severe irritation, severe blistering, oozing of treated area. If side effects are severe, stop medication and contact us and your doctor or seek emergency medical treatment.
How long until I may see an effect from this medication?
- It may take 6-8 weeks to see maximum results. Compliance, or regular application is key for optimal results.
> Wearing tight fitting shoes or tight hosiery
> Practicing poor foot hygiene
> Wearing layers of toenail polish, which doesn’t allow the nail to breathe.
> Exposure to group showers, locker rooms, pool halls, etc. This is because toenail fungi may spread from foot to foot on floors of showers and locker rooms.
> Having a chronic illness, such as diabetes or HIV.
>Having a circulatory problem that decreases blood flow to the toes.